Magnetic Nail Polish paint or primer is just like regular paint, except that tiny particles of iron dust are mixed in. When you paint it on a surface, you end up with a layer of dark primer with many tiny flecks of iron spread throughout. Magnets are attracted to these bits and pieces of iron.
If you are the type of woman who loves experimenting with different types of nail art, using a magnetic nail polish is a fun option to explore. Magnetic nail color includes tiny metal particles that activate when a small magnetic disc is held above the nail color without touching it. These discs are equipped with magnets that are arranged in different shapes, such as diagonal stripes or stars. Placing these magnetic discs above wet polish causes the metal particles in the magnetic polish to be pushed apart, thus creating the desired pattern on your nail.
The metal particles present in a magnetic polish are darker, which helps give your nails a textured look. In addition, the different patterns of the magnet creates a cool effect on your nails, making them look attractive and glamorous. Even when you don’t use a magnet to create a design, your nails will still look bright and shimmery.
How to Apply Magnetic Nail Polish
- Step #1: Apply a base coat and allow it to dry completely. Applying a base coat not only helps in strengthening and protecting your nails, but also helps your nail polish last longer.
- Step #2: Apply one solid layer of magnetic polish for the first coat and let it dry.
- Step #3: Apply another thick coat of polish (a little more polish than you would normally apply) on your nail. Be careful! You don’t want the polish to pool or drip on your nails.
- Step#4: Before it dries, immediately hold the magnetic disc over the nail. Hold it completely still for about 10 – 15 seconds.
- Step #5: Continue the process of applying the nail color and exposing it to the magnet on all ten nails.
- Step #6: Wait a few minutes until the magnetic design sets in completely before applying a top coat.
- Step#7: Show off your amazing new nail art!